Call for Abstracts
Call for Abstracts Now Open
The Organising Committee invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the 2018 conference in Sydney. We are seeking submissions that will provoke debate, stimulate discussion, offer new ideas and encourage the dissemination of research findings. The abstract should reflect the conference theme ‘Education Research Matters: Impact and Engagement’.
The conference program will be organised into streams corresponding to the themes or focus areas of AARE Special Interest Groups (SIGs).
All abstracts must be submitted online no later than Thursday, 31 May 2018.
Submission to offer a ‘Featured Symposium’ is separate to the Call for Abstracts. Please refer to the Featured Symposium page for submission guidelines and criteria.
Submit an Abstract
To submit an abstract, please click on the Speakers’ Portal button below.
You can access the Speakers’ Portal until the submission deadline to view your abstracts. Once an abstract has been submitted, you will not be able to edit it.
Please note the Abstract Submission Portal will only operate on Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer Version 9 and above.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Prior to submitting an abstract, please ensure you have reviewed the abstract submission guidelines.
No physical, faxed or emailed submissions will be accepted.
Special Interest Groups
The following Special Interest Groups will be featured in the 2018 conference program:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research
- Arts Education Practice and Research
- Assessment and Measurement
- Early Childhood
- Educational Leadership
- Educational Theory and Philosophy
- Environmental and Sustainability Education
- Gender, Sexualities and Cultural Studies
- Global Contexts for K-12 Education
- Health and Physical Education
- History and Education
- Inclusive Education
- Language and Literacy
- Middle Years of Schooling
- Motivation and Learning
- Politics and Policy in Education
- Poststructural Theory
- Professional and Higher Education
- Qualitative Research Methodologies
- Rural Education
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Social Justice
- Sociocultural Activity Theory
- Sociology of Education
- Teacher Education and Research Innovation
- Teachers’ Work and Lives
- Technology and Learning
Full Paper Submission
Full papers are no longer accepted by AARE for refereeing. Authors who wish to publish full papers from accepted conference abstracts must make their own arrangements for paper peer review.
- Submission of an abstract DOES NOT automatically register you as a conference speaker. Conference registration must be done separately.
- All communications about your abstract submission will be sent to the email address that you provided during the submission process.
- We recommend that the email address belongs to the main author who will be in attendance at the conference.
Thursday, 31 May 2018 - Online abstract submission closes
Monday, 2 July 2018 - Authors notified of acceptance.
Friday, 24 August 2018 - Deadline for accepted authors to confirm participation
Friday, 31August 2018 - Full papers due for award nomination
* Please note the above dates are subject to change without prior notice.
Have a Question?
Queries relating to the Call for Abstracts can be directed to the AARE Office on firstname.lastname@example.org